“Well, the world is vastly counted in favour of men at every level - except if you live in a civilised country and you’re sort of educated and middle-class, because then you’re almost certainly junior in your relationship and in a state of permanent, crippled apology. Your preferences are routinely mocked. There’s a huge, unfortunate lack of respect for anything male.”
06 June 2004
Oh, wow, Steven Moffat. This article also has the “women are needy” quote, to which I can only say that The Doctor is one of the neediest people ever. He literally needs people to be watching him and going OOOOOOOOoooooooh.
This is profoundly disappointing to me. SIGH.
At least this interview is seven years old — maybe he’s changed his opinion of women by now? That’s what I’m hoping. This came before the Donna season of Doctor Who, and I’d argue Donna was one of the strongest sidekicks/companions ever.
Still, in this interview he states:
“There’s this issue you’re not allowed to discuss: that women are needy. Men can go for longer, more happily, without women. That’s the truth. We don’t, as little boys, play at being married - we try to avoid it for as long as possible. Meanwhile women are out there hunting for husbands.”
and indeed this statement is a profoundly disappointing (and PREPOSTEROUS) thing to read. To make up for it, I found this: Is Doctor Who Bad For Women?
22 Notes/ Hide
- jenpppp likes this
- dinodina reblogged this from sexartandpolitics
- reasonistreason reblogged this from sexartandpolitics
- elizs reblogged this from nerdshares
- makeitthroughthis likes this
- mootpoint reblogged this from nerdshares
- pertinaciousc reblogged this from davepress
- cheshire3000 likes this
- nerdshares likes this
- davepress reblogged this from nerdshares
- librarianpirate said: He said exactly that in the last episode. “I’m doing interesting and awesome stuff up here and nobody is watching me” or some crap.
- librarianpirate likes this
- choire likes this
- nerdshares reblogged this from sexartandpolitics
- the-truth-just-confirmed reblogged this from sexartandpolitics
- proustianrecall likes this
- sexartandpolitics posted this