Our story this week: Diana Spechler was really just one of the guys, perfectly content to hang in the dorm, get high, and pine for Thai food. Until one awkward night when the inner lining of her uterus lept out of her and smack into a bravura performance of unwavering denial. Not even the golden Buddha is safe from this Lady.
Diana Spechler is a four-time MOTH StorySlam winner and author of the novels Skinny and Who By Fire. She has written for the New York Times; GQ; Esquire; New York; Paris Review; Self; Details; the Wall Street Journal; Salon; Slate; and elsewhere. She teaches writing in New York City.
This episode of A Funny Thing is brought to you by audible.com. Get a free audiobook and a 30-day trial today by signing up at www.audiblepodcast.com/funnything.
8 Notes/ Hide
- lindalucaspadilla reblogged this from splitsider
- feelingkindofblue reblogged this from afunnythingpodcast
- sassypoff likes this
- elizs reblogged this from splitsider and added:
- m00n1993 likes this
- inamarinna likes this
- nixonesque likes this
- splitsider reblogged this from afunnythingpodcast
- afunnythingpodcast posted this