From the 2012 archives: Richard Wolinsky interviews Helen Benedict on her novel Sand Queen and the ongoing problem of sexual assault and internal violence in the military.
“The mandates from the government, the permission to torture, the lack of of a clear mission, trying to run the war on the cheap, and treating soldiers badly, all of that erodes one’s moral compass, as soldiers like to say.”
just added Sand Queen to my Goodreads queue.
12 Notes/ Hide
- buy-steroids-uk-co likes this
- mnlleann reblogged this from guernicamag
- elizs reblogged this from guernicamag and added:
- bled-the-black-masquerade likes this
- dayvmattt likes this
- take-me-some-where-else likes this
- neutrail reblogged this from guernicamag
- trxfreely likes this
- virtuadesign likes this
- kustomscripts reblogged this from guernicamag
- kustomscripts likes this
- guernicamag posted this